"Marie, St II", 1985, R.C. Gorman
EPAP (Editions Press Aritist's Proof) - 1 of 1 in a side edition*
31 1/2” x 36 15/16” Serigraph
(80.00x 92.25 cm)
Mat and back included, detached
37 3/4” x 42 1/4”
(95.89 x 107.32 cm)
Marie, St II is an Original Serigraph by R.C. Gorman. R.C. began work on Marie in May 1985 and completed execution of the edition with Printer Welles La Monte at Editions Press in 1985. The final execution was completed in two States.
This work combines serigraphic and lithographic techniques and is an extraordinary example of the Gorman-style of the 1980's.
State I and State II both depict a woman seated in profile, wrapped in a striped blanket. Her foot and head protrude and her hair is styled in the traditional bun of a Navajo Woman. A soft gradient gives depth of background to the artwork.
Bon á Tirer - 1
Printer's Proof - 2
Artist's Edition (Commercial Edition) - 150
Artist's Proof - 15
Presentation Proof - 11
Editions Press Artist's Proof - 1
Editions Press Impressions - 10
- Signed & dated in the lower left "R.C. Gorman 1985"
- Edition number and size in lower right "E.P.A.P."
- Workshop's Chop pressed on lower right "EP"
- Overall Very Good condition
- Colors are bright and vibrant, no signs of UV fading.
- Hinged on back with Acid Free linen tape
- Some light wrinkles and creases along paper edge
- One more defined crease in lower left
- The 2009 Western Graphics Workshop suggested retail price for this work is $1,600.
- The R.C. Gorman Navajo Gallery retails this work at $3,900.
- This is marked as "EPAP" or Editions Press Artist's Proof of which there was only one produced. This adds significant value for many collectors.
- Given the overall condition, Edition Part, total edition size (190) , and overall aesthetic, this work should realize between $3,200 and $4,500.