"Born of Water", 1980, Signed Lithograph | by R.C. Gorman
No. 123 in an edition of 150
22 1/2" x 30"
- Signed & dated in the lower left "R.C. Gorman 1980"
- Edition number and size in lower right "123/150"
- Workshop's Chop pressed on lower right "OP"
- Printer's Chop pressed on lower Center-Right (not pictured)
- Artist's Chop pressed on lower Left (not pictured)
This is one of my favorite works of R.C.. After 1980, I have not yet found any lithograph or serigraph that features a subject other than the women R.C. was so famous for. This representation of To' Baaschini [Born of Water], one of the Navajo Hero-Twins is the second of two works he used To' Baaschini as the subject, and the last of any of his lithographs (that I have found) that explore the theme of Navajo culture and religion in this way.